Last updated: 18th December 2023
We’re all aware of how important sustainability is across all forms of modern businesses, especially for manufacturers. At Judges, we are very aware of our responsibilities to do all we can to help minimise our environmental impact.
Our Commitment to Sustainability:
“Going green” for us means doing our bit, through knowledge and practices, to help protect the environment and sustaining its natural resources for current and future generations.
- All printing board and envelopes are FSC or PEFC accredited.
- All clear bags are *OPP-based and recyclable.
- Cardboard packaging is either recycled or FSC-based.
- We use Vegetable-based inks and water-based varnish for printing on our main press.
The major advantages of *OPP:
- OPP is fully recyclable
- odourless, tasteless, and without any toxins
- high tensile strength
- highly transparent
- Our electricity is 100% from renewable sources
- Our building features energy efficient UPVC double-glazed units, improving energy efficiency and creating a comfortable working environment
- Lighting upgrades, with timer controls and motion detectors, saving 32,700 KW/H per year
- Replacing our 35-year-old boiler system with two new 35kw condensing boilers, operating at 98% efficiency
- All card and paper waste get a second chance through recycling
- Pallets find local love through creative repurposing or recycling
- We recycle printing plates as standard practice
- No general waste ends up in landfills; it is repurposed for energy from waste (ERF) or recycled derived fuel (RDF).
- Over half of our head office team walk or use our cycle-to-work scheme
- Sales team reduces travel miles through increased use of video conferencing
- Since 2019, we’ve navigated from 24,000 business air miles to zero
- In-house design and production minimise our carbon footprint.
- We have recently installed an Electric Charging Point and all company cars are set to be fully electric.
We continually evaluate the materials we use and implement changes in our production methods to align with our sustainability goals. Our green journey is not just a commitment but a continuous effort to create a sustainable and responsible future. Join us as we strive towards a greener business community and a better planet for all.